Legal permanent residents are subject to a myriad of grounds of removability/deportability. These include, amongst others, immigration violations, but the most serious involve criminal convictions. The Law Office of Bilfield & Associates has represented businesses and individuals who face deportation/removal or exclusion problems. Our attorneys have a wide range of litigation experience and will defend against deportation (removal), and minimize related punishments and penalties.
People throughout northeast Ohio come to our attorneys to obtain advice about deportation, also called a removal, and exclusion. These serious legal problems require an attorney who is capable of standing up and fighting for you. If you have a deportation/removal issue, contact us to schedule an initial consultation that is 100% confidential.
Deportation and Removal
If the Department of Homeland Security is seeking to remove you because of immigration infractions or criminal matters, there are several avenues you may wish to pursue to remain in the United States. Even if a judge orders your removal/deportation, you still have options. Some of those include:
- Voluntary Departure – You Leave The Country Voluntarily
- Cancellation Of Removal – You May Petition The Government To Cancel Your Removal Order In Certain Circumstances
- Asylum – In Some Instances, You May Argue That Returning To Your Home Country Would Place You In Serious Danger
- Adjustment Of Status – You May Work To Obtain Permanent Legal Status Or Some Other Immigration Status That Will Stop Your Removal
- Motion To Reopen Or Reconsider – If You Discover New Information, Not Heard Initially, You Can Petition The Court To Revisit Your Case
Exclusion occurs when you are prohibited from entering the United State at the border. You may have a remedy around exclusion. We will direct you to the U.S. Consulate to go through consular processing for a valid visa.
If you face removal or exclusion, contact the Law Offices of Bilfield & Associates to schedule an initial, 100% confidential, consultation.