A citizen of the United States or a lawful permanent resident may petition for certain family members to immigrate to the United States, which provides an avenue for the family member to seek legal permanent residence.
At the Law Office of Bilfield & Associates, LLC. in Cleveland, Ohio, we help people reunite with their family by obtaining family-based immigrant visas. To learn more about obtaining a family based immigrant visa, contact one of our experienced lawyers to schedule an initial consultation that is 100% confidential.
Immediate Relatives Of U.S. Citizens:
There are no limits for the number of visas that are available to immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, which include:
- Unmarried Children Under The Age Of 21
Other Family Members Of U.S. Citizens Or Permanent Residents:
There are limits to the number of visas available for other family members. They are divided into the following preference categories:
- Unmarried Sons And Daughters Of U.S. Citizens Over The Age Of 21
- Spouses And Children, And Unmarried Sons And Daughters Of Permanent Residents
- Married Sons And Daughters Of U.S. Citizens
- Brothers And Sisters Of Adult U.S. Citizens
If you are seeking a family based immigrant visa, contact the Law Offices of Bilfield & Associates, LLC. to schedule an initial consultation that is 100% confidential with one of our experienced lawyers.